Tuesday, March 27, 2012

So, Lets Talk Movies

Let's start with the basics. My name's Laura, I'm a freshman at Lehigh University (yeah, we beat Duke) and whenever people ask me to tell them about myself I always say that I love movies...that I know movies.


Basically the only thing I'm confident that I know anything about are movies.
I get this feeling when I see a good movie, and I've trusted this feeling to guide me in my thoughts and opinions on movies. I trust it more than a critic's 5 star rating or write up in the New York Times.


For my 16th birthday my aunt got me an Academy Awards book that went through each year providing pictures, random/fun facts and of course, the winners and nominees. I read that book cover to cover and began subconsciously memorizing every movie that won best picture. (As of now I can name every movie that won from 1970 till now...yeah really)






Ever since that birthday I've been on a quest to see every movie that has won best picture. Over the years I've made somewhat of a dent in this goal and formed opinions on most of the ones I've seen. Opinions about the story, the acting, the writing and whether I thought they deserved to win or not.


So, here it goes: a blog about all the movies that have won best picture, as well as other random movies, as told by Laura.


If you agree, disagree, hate a movie, love a movie...let me know! I love different thoughts and opinions on movies. Basically, I just love movies.


So, lets talk movies.


Best Picture Winners List

3 comments:

  1. ok laura let's discuss "The Departed" Should have won? What do you think about the acting? Give us a critique of the movie as a whole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely get The Departed! It's actually one of my favorites. Stay tuned :)

      Delete
  2. Lets talk movies. In 2009 do you believe that The Hurt Locker deserved to win over Avatar? If so, why or why not? This was a very interesting year because Kathryn Bigelow beat out famous movie producer and also ex-husband James Cameron. Also do you believe Avatar played into the whole Pocahontas-theme, or what exactly was one of the main themes of the movie?

    ReplyDelete